FLYING CAN RESUME FROM SATURDAY 23rd MAY.
Please wait until saturday to allow us to prepare the site.
Read the below information and acknowledge that you have read it by email or text message to myself or Wayne.
Under the current government and BMFA advice model flying has been allowed to resume with certain restrictions in place. The following are the new rules that the committee have agreed upon to allow us to reopen the site:
1. If you or any of your household are displaying symptoms, stay away from the field and follow the current isolation advice.
2. Maintain a minimum of 2M social distance from others at all times.
3. Maintain good hygiene practice – washing hands regularly or using hand sanitiser or suitable gloves when opening & closing gates/shed or using maintenance equipment.
4. Keep hand sanitiser in your flight box/car (and use it!) – additional PPE may be appropriate if used correctly. The toilet will be open with hand soap provided.
5. Do not share flying equipment.
6. Training and buddy boxing is currently suspended due to high risk of cross contamination.
7. Access to the bus is currently suspended. Unless necessary for site maintenance purposes. Ensure to wash hands before and after entering and using any equipment in the bus.
8. A maximum of three pilots will be allowed on the flight line at any one time. Pilots boxes will be marked with where to stand to allow for social distancing.
9. If a helper is required i.e. to carry out an aircraft or hand launch, gloves are to be worn by the helper, and the helper is to return to the pitts area once their assistance is no longer required.
10. Bays will be marked in the Pitts area and the carpark. Please stay in your bay. If there are no bays available, please leave the site and wait for one to become available.
11. If you have a bay and the site becomes full, limit your time to a maximum of two hours, to allow others to fly.
12. Park nose out in the bay with a card or piece of paper with your arrival time written on placed on your dash board or windscreen. This will allow people arriving to know how long it will be before a bay becomes available.
13. Do not enter the farm yard and stay away from the farm buildings and equipment.
14. Keep your distance from the land owners and the farm workers.
15. The landowners are aware of the above rules and will be ensuring that they are being adhered to.
The rules will be assessed regularly and updated as and when the situation changes. These rules have also been agreed with the land owner, and many of them are a precursor to allowing the site to stay open so please abide by them.
We thank you for your cooperation and patience during these difficult times.
If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact the committee.
Due to the decision of the landowner, the site will remain closed for the time being. This decision will be reviewed on the 22nd May. And we will keep you up to date with any new developments.
Stay safe out there.
Please note. At this time the site is still closed until further notice.
Please stay away from the site until the committee advise otherwise.
Please note that due to the outbreak of COVID 19 we are currently banning all flying and visiting to the flying site until further notice.
We have also cancelled / postponed all meetings and events until further notice.
Keep your eye on this site and our facebook group for further updates.
And above all isolate yourself and stay safe!
AGM will be on the 2nd December.
Club fees and insurance will be required to be paid by the end of December. So if you can please bring payments and cheques along to the AGM. The final price to be paid will be announced by the new committee for 2020 after the vote has taken place. So do not fill out your cheques yet.
Please make an effort to attend the meeting as there will be a few things to go through at this meeting.
This message is posted on facebook aswell, can you pass this message along to anybody that you have contact with that may not have seen it.
Be aware. South Perrott fete is on Sunday 11th august.
Not the 10th as was on the website and the show list that was in your club joining pack.
The next meeting is on the 2nd december
At the Bull inn, Swyre.
please come along and help on thursday afternoon to help set up marquee / flite line /cut grass
Please be aware there a scam going around from the bmfa to ask you to pay for your bmfa, this is a scam!! Do not pay!! A few members have been contacted and have been asked for payment. The real bmfa would never ask for payment, and as a club we would not ask like this. Please please be careful.
If you have any queries please contact the committee or the BMFA directly.